Blog Archive

“Tubthumping” by They Might Be Giants - “He Drinks A Whiskey Drink, He Drinks A Vodka Drink”

Hand puppets kinda creep me out.
Last night my friends and I went to one of our favorite bars, Paddy’s Campus Beach Bar, and had a 90’s flashback.  Being we were the only six people in the entire bar, including the bartender, we decided to takeover the jukebox.  After listening to the solid jam “Lullaby” by Shawn Mullins, we went on to play “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba, a solid throwback.  Once we got home I watched the “Tubthumping” music video, which lead me to a cover of the song by They Might Be Giants.  The alternative American rock band kills it.

I’m not attaching an audio clip, but instead a video of the band singing it in a studio.  The five members are in the center surrounded by a large group of people who sing the chorus.  They’re take on the song is fantastic.  I hope you like it as much as I do!