Blog Archive

“Wings” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - “Give Me A Star To Reach For”

I wear my sunglasses at...noon.
Ben Haggerty is the face behind the name Macklemore, a rising hip-hop artist.  The Irish Seattle native has been popular in his hometown for quite sometime, with his musical career starting in high school.  Maklemore’s released his first album in 2000 and another in 2005, but it wasn’t until he beat substance abuse in 2009 that he created some of his best work, which in turn got him noticed by a well known booking agency.  On July 20th Macklemore teamed up with his producer Ryan Lewis and released “Wings” on iTunes.  Since first hearing the track, I haven’t been able to stop listening.  His verses are so powerful and the message of the song is even stronger.  Also, every time I hear the chorus sung by the kids at Denny Middle School in Seattle I get chills.

Personally, I think Eminem could have a little competition.  Listen below, check out the music video, and let me know what you think!

Macklemore x Ryan Lewis - Wings by Suburban17